As United Nation Environment project emphasize responsible tourism as a form of Eco tourism which concerns to the environment friendly travel in the fragile natural integrity, Nepal highpoint trek and expedition always be aware about the potential threats of tourism activities natural resources. Nepal highpoint trek and expedition gives the lesion to our field staffs about the protection of natural resources, as conservation of natural resources is essential for sustainable tourism. As International Eco tourism society defined Eco tourism as environment friendly area for improving the well being of local people, we also take a consideration of environment friendly tour generating the employment for local people as far as possible. Moreover, keeping in mind about less affect in natural resources, Nepal highpoint trek and expedition operates the tour, trekking and mountaineering. So we also focus on environment friendly tourism when we operate the tours, trekking and mountaineering.
Please be a responsible tourist. Like someone said, we request you to, “Leave only footprints, and take only photographs.”
- Use designated routes, campsites and resting places to reduce trampling and other negative environmental impacts.
- Respect local culture and traditions, use home stays, locally owned hotels/ lodges or campsites as much as possible to support the local livelihood.
- Avoid/ minimize using firewood. Use common space for heating. Opt for alternatives to minimize deforestation.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene. Use the litter box locally available. Carry back your own garbage while traveling through ecologically sensitive areas.
- Encourage to place mobile toilets at a considerable distance from sources of water, river banks and springs while camping along the river sides.
- Use the services of local guides and porters as much as possible to explore more about local environment and culture.
- Money spent here will contribute directly to the local livelihood, women’s empowerment and environmental conservation.
Before you begin your journey we request you to abide by the above guidelines in order to safeguard the nature and culture of the area and be a responsible tourist.