Annapurna Circuit Trek-16 days
The Annapurna Circuit became one of our favorite treks located in the middle part of Nepal. You will make a circuit to the whole Annapurna Mountains with stunning views so it has been a prime choice of many international tourists for Nepal holiday. Annapurna circuit trek is an easily accessible trek which begins after a drive from Kathmandu through the village with the traditional farming terraces.
The walk passes picturesque villages home to Gurungs, Manangis and Thakalis, offers spectacular mountain views of the numerous 7000m-plus Annapurna peaks and boasts some of the best trekking lodges in Nepal. You will trek through the villages with the traditional farming terraces looking for some time snow-capped mountains from your step. Likewise, you will pass the evergreen forest with the seasonal flowers that will add more pleasure in your Nepal holiday.
You can see many snow-covered mountains from the beginning of Annapurna circuit trek to the ends like Annapurna two, Annapurna three, Tilicho, Dhaulagiri and others. You will see the different landscapes before and after Trougla pass, as you can see the spectacular views of white mountains before the pass whereas the landscape like Tibet will be new scenery after the pass that you can distinguish from the top of Throngla pass. Though there is road under construction you can follow the footpath or classic trail.
- Pass yak pastures with yaks grazing
- Relaxing hot spring at Tatopani
- Stay at Jomsom, the headquarter town of Mustang district
- A day at tourist hub Pokhara
- Spectacular views of Mt. Annapurna, Thorung Peak, Nilgiri, Chulu west and Chulu east, Tukuche Peak, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Annapurna II, and Annapurna IV
- Relax at hot springs in Tatopani
- Magnificent lakes, glaciers, gorges, and waterfalls
- Visit Muktinath ,a sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhists
- Visit the beautiful Manang district and embrace the beauty of the place
- Visit Barge Monastery, the largest monastery in Manang district
- Crossing the world’s widest pass – the Thorong La Pass at 5,416 meters.
Who will be my guide?
We use local guides. On each trek, our guides have been to the relevant areas numerous times. All are experienced, knowledgeable, flexible, and authorized licensed guides with the Government of Nepal.
How long does it take to trek the Annapurna Circuit?
The Annapurna Base Circuit trek usually takes about 15–20 days, leaving from Kathmandu with a stopover in Pokhara before returning to the capital. The trail is moderate to fairly challenging and makes numerous river crossings over steel and wooden suspension bridges.
When is the best time to go?
The best weather for trekking in the Annapurna region is during autumn (September to November) and spring (March-May). The skies are clear then and you will get a chance to enjoy some outstanding views of the Annapurna’s and Dhaulagiri peaks.
How long is the trek?
The length of the trail depends on where you start and end your trek, therefore it can be anything between 160-230km. It can be done in as few as 10 days, or as many as 28 days, if doing side trips. Usually, it takes either 10 or 14 days to do the shorter version and 18-21 for the full route.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport received by Nepal High Point staff and guide with warm welcome then transfer to your hotel in the center of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed in your rooms join for group briefing regarding your stay in Nepal, where guides will provide information about the trek-local lodge-hotels-culture and other necessary information related to this trekking.
Day 02: Kathmandu sightseeing
Sightseeing around Kathmandu, as the valley is steeped with many world heritage sites and important monuments and religious-historical sites. You will visit Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple), Boudhanath stupa, Swyambhunath stupa (Monkey temple), Patan durbar square.
Day 03: Drive to Chyamje via besisahar.
Morning a long and interesting overland journey from Kathmandu to reach Nepal Mid-West around Lamjung district at Besar town and then towards Manang areas, where a drive leads to Syange by the bank of Marysangdi River, with a climb from here for few hours to reach a nice village at Jagat, after a refreshing stop at Jagat continue to drive on the gradual winding trail with superb views of Annapurna and Manaslu mountain ranges to reach at Chyamje for an overnight stop.
Day 04: Trek to Chame 2,670 m – 05 hrs.
Morning walk leads on a finding path within rhododendron, pine forest through Bagachap and Danque village, towards Tamang village, from here onward into more Buddhist cultural areas facing views of Mt. Manaslu 8,163m. After Timing village a few hours walks to Koto and then at Chame town for an overnight stop, a large and major town and headquarter of Manang area.
Day 05: Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m – 05 hrs.
The adventure continues into the cooler area from here onwards heading closer to mountains, as trek leads into nice alpine forests of rhododendron and pine trees, following Masrsyangdi River upstream with few short ups and down hills to Bhratang village. From Bhratang village walk follows with uphill within green pine woodland overlooking Chulus and Pisang peaks, an afternoon with lunch break where route descends to lower Pisang village for an overnight stop.
Day 06: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m – 05 hrs.
Morning walk from Pisang village leads through tall pines and rhododendron trees with short uphill and views of staggering Annapurna II and III, Gangapurna Chulus and Pisang peak. As walk continues reaching at Hongdae village, from here tree lines disappear for barren, landscapes with cold, dry arctic climate. Before Manang, visit old Braga monastery with old Buddhist relics and then an hour walk brings at Manang village. The houses here are built up in traditional Tibetan style and Manang people are known for their rich culture and traditions.
Day 07: Rest day at Manang for local hike and acclimatization.
A necessary rest day for acclimatization before heading higher elevation, explore Manang village, located beneath Annapurna and Gangapurna mountain range and Manang glacial Lake.
Day 08: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m – 04 hrs.
After a pleasant rest at Manang, the morning walk to Gesang village on the gradual uphill path to reach Yak Kharka, as our route gains altitude with super views of snowcapped mountains, then crossing a small stream river to reach Yak Kharka, a small settlement with tremendous views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks.
Day 09: Trek to Thorang High Camp 4,600 m – 04 hrs.
Morning adventure heading high areas at the base of Thorang-la after climbing along the river bank, as walk leads to Thorang Phedi (bottom/base), from here an hour of steep climb takes you at Thorang High Camp for oven overnight stop.
Day 10: Cross Thorang-La Pass 5,416 m walk to Muktinath 3,800 – 06 hrs.
Today main highlight of the adventure, having early breakfast where trek leads to a steep climb to reach at high Thorang-la at above 5,416 m, facing tremendous panorama of snowcapped peaks, after feeling in high spirits on reaching the main highest spot of the trip where walk follows on long downhill to Muktinath at 3,800 m. On reaching Muktinath for an overnight stop, a holy place for both Hindus and Buddhists the word Muktinath literally means ‘the place for Nirvana or Liberation’.
Day 11: From Muktinath drive to Tatopani 1,190 m (Hot spring) – 04 hrs.
After Muktinath, where walking parts ends for a day where motorable road has reached to this point at Muktinath through Jomsom town, making the adventure much easier where drive leads to a big drop of 1,200 m downhill to Kaligandaki river valley, and to Jomsom a headquarter town of Mustang region with a small airstrip above Kaligandaki River. From Jomsom ride continues past Marpha, a charming village as our journey drops further warmer areas and driving past Kaligandaki River Gorge, located between towering Dhaulagiri and Annapurna peaks forming this area as world’s deepest gorge, where few hour drives reach you at nice Tatopani village a place with natural hot spring to refresh yourself.
Day 12: Trek to Ghorepani village 2,880 m – 06 hrs.
After Tatopani, morning walk leads across a bridge over Kaligandaki River and then our route diverts heading for a steep short climb on terraced hillside, dotted with farms villages, after a steep section within alpine forest as walk leads to some gradual path through villages of Ghara-Sikha to reach Chitre and then with steep short climb to Ghorepani- village, where you can enjoy views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, and Vara-Shikar also known Annapurna Fang.
Day 13: Hike to Poon Hill 3,210 m and trek to Birethanti and drive back to Pokhara.
Early morning an hour hike to Poon-Hill at 3,210 m, facing stunning views of the sunrise over a range of mountains from Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Manaslu to Annapurna includes Mt. Machhapuchare “The Fish Tail”. After an enjoyable view of mountains with striking sunrise walk back to Ghorepani and then continue trek downhill to birethanti and few hour drives take you at Pokhara for overnight stops by the famous and scenic Phewa Lake.
Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Having early breakfast where interesting drive brings you back to Kathmandu, as drive departs from Pokhara (either tourist coach or in private vehicles), as journey leads past many nice farm villages and town, from Mugling Bazaar following Trisuli River for sometimes, and then on winding uphill to reach into Kathmandu valley as well back to your respective hotels. (Flying options of 30 minutes flights to Kathmandu from Pokhara).
Day 15: Depart Nepal for international flight home-ward bound.
Last day in the country of Himalayan wonders, after an amazing experience and wonderful adventure on Annapurna Circuit trek with great service of Nepal High-Point Trekking and then depart from the hotel as per your flight time our staff transfers you to Kathmandu international airport for your homeward flight or to next respective countries.
- Kathmandu airport pick up and drop
- Hotel accommodation 3 nights with breakfast in a tourist standard hotel in the heart of Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu city Sightseeing with a well-trained city tour guide (Pashupatinath, Syambhunath, Baudanath, Patan city)
- 1 nights hotel accommodation in a tourist standard hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
- Kathmandu to Chyamje local bus transportation.
- Muktinath to Tatopani by local bus transportation.
- Nayapul to Pokhara transportation by private vehicle
- Pokhara to Kathmandu by AC tourist bus.
- A well-trained and experienced, English-speaking, trekking guide (his food, accommodation, insurance, salary).
- Two guests = 1 porter (his food, accommodation, insurance, salary) included.
- Annapurna conservation area permit (ACAP).
- Government permit (Trekkers information management system (TIMS) permit.
- Accommodation during trekking (tea house/lodges/hotel).
- All meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Trekking equipment (sleeping bag and down jacket).
- First Aid Kit.
- Trek completion certificate as an award
- Farewell dinner
- All Government and local taxes.
- Your personal nature expenses and travel insurance.
- Food during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Drinks (tea, coffee, coke, beer, bottled water), beverage, hot shower, and heater charge during trekking.
- Entry permit for the temple, stupa, and world heritage site during Kathmandu sightseeing
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS AND ITEMS
- Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport), proof of insurance
- Dollars, pounds or Euros in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Credit cards, Bank/ATM/Cash machine cards for withdrawing funds from cash machines (bring a photocopy of your cards), traveler’s checks, etc.
- Cost of trip is depends on service you choose
- We can customize trip duration according to your holidays
- Trip dates are flexible.
- No hidden fees, flexible payment options
- Cost depends on number of PAX.
[Annapurna Circuit Trek]